These cute little lemon berry trifles in a mason jar make the perfect treat for dessert or a snack. You can make them ahead of time and they’ll keep in the refrigerator for several hours. Lemon berry trifles are so easy to put together that even your kids can make them. With Mother’s Day coming up this weekend, they would make the perfect treat for mom to go along with her breakfast in bed (hint,hint). The best part about them is everything is store-bought, you just layer the ingredients. They would also be perfect to take on a picnic.
Anything in a mason jar seems to be the trend right now. Mason jars are inexpensive and have a multitude of uses. I found these little 8 ounce jars at Wal-Mart. You could use a larger size as well, but I felt this was just the right portion size since we were having a big lunch.
I used a store-bought angel food cake, but pound cake would be delicious as well. If you’re feeling really lazy or don’t have mason jars, you can omit the jar and serve a slice of cake with lemon Cool Whip and berries. You can find lemon curd at Trader Joe’s and most grocery stores. It gives the Cool Whip a fresh tangy taste.
This is a light dessert mom will love that’s not full of a ton of calories.
|Recipes in a Jar: Lemon Berry Trifle|| |
- fresh berries, such as strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
- 8 oz. container of Cool Whip for 4 small jars
- jar of lemon curd
- angel food cake or pound cake
- mason jar or any type of dish
- Wash berries.
- Cut angel food cake into small pieces, roughly one inch.
- Mix equal portions of lemon curd and cool whip together in a bowl.
- Layer angel food cake, cool whip and berries in a mason jar.
- Top with berries.