I love just about every type of cheese that exists. Brie is one of my favorites, but I love when it’s paired with something else. This is an easy recipe for praline-topped brie which I recently made for a friend’s 50th birthday party. I’ll be sharing more details from the party on my blog this Friday.
This brie appetizer is easy to throw together and only uses 4 ingredients. It takes about 15 minutes to make from start to finish. I served it with apple slices, but you can serve also serve it with crackers or baguette-style French bread slices. I had cut the recipe out of a magazine so I’m not 100 percent sure of the original source or else I would give credit where credit is due.
This praline-topped brie makes a great appetizer for a party or dinner. You can also use sugared pecans on top of the brie. I shared my friend Anne’s recipe for them here.
|Praline-Topped Brie|| |
- 1 13 oz. round Brie or Camembert cheese
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- apple slices and/or crackers or baguette bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cheese in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- In a small bowl stir together orange marmalade and brown sugar and spread on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until cheese is slightly softened and topping is bubbly.
- Serve with apple and/or crackers or baguette slices.