My family loves to eat breakfast for dinner. I love it because it’s an easy meal to make and often economical. As hard as I’ve tried in the past, my kids rarely eat breakfast in the morning. They just aren’t hungry first thing in the morning so we rarely eat breakfast as a family unless my in-laws are in town for the weekend. The other exception is when my husband picks up Chick-fil-A chicken biscuits. I’m also not a morning person and don’t care to cook that time of day. However, I do like casseroles I can assemble the night before and just pop in the oven.
This breakfast pizza recipe is easy to assemble and makes a hearty meal. You can pair it with some fruit or a smoothie for a complete and budget friendly meal. This recipe is part of a budget friendly family meal recipe exchange I’m participating in. For lots of other budget friendly meal ideas check out the links provided.
|Breakfast Pizza|| || |
- 1 lb. sausage
- 1 pkg Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 c frozen hash browns, thawed (I used the shredded)
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- ¼ c milk
- Cook sausage and drain.
- Separate rolls and press into ungreased 9x13 pan. Press together and up sides.
- Spoon sausage over crust.
- Sprinkle on potatoes and top with cheddar cheese.
- Beat eggs and milk and pour on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes uncovered.