Winter is in full force in the Midwest and other parts of the United States so I thought I ‘d share some of my go to items during the winter months. My friend Stacey inspired me after I read a list of her winter musts. I decided to focus primarily on things that keep me warm and products that moisturize my extremely dry skin.
1. I love Fresh Sugar Lip Balms. They come in a variety of colors. The Rose is my favorite which gives my lips a little color and is very natural looking. Fresh Sugar lip balms have a nice scent and glide on your lips.
2. I use Carmex when my lips are chapped. I also like to rub it on my cuticles which get really dry especially during the winter months. A nail technician gave me that tip and it works great.
3. Origins Ginger Souffle Cream has a refreshing light scent that wakes up my senses and feels great on my skin. I used to use it years ago after it came out as one of Oprah’s favorite things. I purchased some again this year as a treat to myself.
4.Vaseline is a great multitasker. I use it to remove mascara and on my chapped skin. My hands get really dry in the winter and are prone to cracking and bleeding at times. Sounds delightful doesn’t it? When my hands get really bad, I put vaseline on them and wear cotton gloves for a few hours or overnight. It really helps and works on dry feet as well.
5. Trader Joe’s Coconut Body Butter is a nice thick cream which my skin soaks up and it’s fairly inexpensive.
6. My Ugg slippers keep my feet warm. I don’t have to wear socks with them and I’ve found them to be worth the investment even though the lining does wear out over time. I wear them constantly when I’m at home.
7. Stacey and I both have Smartwool Socks on our list. I have been wearing these socks for years. They come in a variety of styles, have extra cushioning in the heel and keep my feet warm. I have Reynaud’s syndrome and my hands and feet go numb if they get really cold. These socks are pricey, but they’re worth it.
What are your winter must-haves? Please share in the comments. I use a a ton of different hand creams and still haven’t one I love that moisturizes, but isn’t greasy. Any suggestions?
this post contains affiliate links