This recipe is from my friend Kristin who loves to cook and adapt recipes to her own unique tastes. I’ve asked Kristin to be a contributor to my blog from time to time and share some of her favorite recipes. These tortellini kabobs look wonderful and would be a great addition to any gathering.
by Kristin Liechty
- fresh tortellini
- bottled Italian dressing
- fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 block of Pesto Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- thick sliced summer sausage or salami, cubed
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut in small pieces for fun color
- cherry tomatoes (I halved mine so they’d absorb the dressing better)
- 2 small jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut to desired size
- Ingredients for dressing to drizzle:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons jarred pesto
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- *Note I doubled the dressing and drizzled it over the kabobs after they were assembled to give them more flavor.
- Mix together the olive oil, pesto and vinegar in a bowl.
- Boil fresh tortellini for roughly 5 min. and drain. *Note: Fresh pasta “puffs up” when you boil it but, will shrink back down when cooled.
- Toss tortellini in ½ cup of Italian dressing and let it “set” in the refrigerator while you prepare other ingredients.
- Place a tortellini, mozzarella pearl,cherry tomato, salami cube, monterey jack cheese cube, and slice of pepper on a skewer, Repeat as needed.
- Drizzle dressing over kabobs.
- Let sit half an hour before serving.
For more ideas on easy to eat finger foods check out this past post 12 Recipes on a Stick.